Why Not To Buy Not Rivian Calls With Two Days to Go?

It's obvious right? If you mess up and the stock opens the wrong way you only have one day for a rebound. Why put yourself in that position? Others might be in the camp of saying why not go for a fifty percent rebound on Thurday's morning opening. The stock sold of on Wednesday on very little volume. A morning pop is possible. The stock has being strong as of late. Here is it's five day chart. Now this, the seventeen series of Calls that expires in two days. They do look cheap after hitting a high of $1.55 on the day. If we look at a 30 day chart we will see that the stock is still in an uptrend. Why not look at the Call options one and two weeks out? Here are the seventeen series of Calls one and two weeks out They would be much safer to play and I will check in on these ones at a later date. So what happened on the Thursday opening? Let's switch gears for a moment and look at how Roku, a much higher priced stock opened and look at how their Call options moved.

Interday Trading Opportunities. Feb 15th - Boeing

Let's talk about Boeing. The stock was down $1.01 on the day. Here is it's early morning chart.
Call you see it drop a touch before 10:a.m.? Now here is it's chart on the day.
Here is what I did.
In at 9:45 a.m. at $365.00 about ten minutes to early and in at 10:04 a.m. at $305.00 just as the stock started to rebound. That was good timing. I was buying the 215 Calls which expire in three days. That was a chunk of money and what I was really hoping for was a $2.00 quick rebound. That didn't happen and I quickly found myself babysitting something I really didn't want to be in. You can also see my second buy in above. Now check on the chart to see the action between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. when I was in this position, now with two contracts. I got tired of waiting and I was lucky to get out before the selloff that happened around 12:30 p.m.. You can see my sell ticket and it's timing also on the ticket shown above. Out of both contracts at $380.00 with one sell ticket. I still liked Boeing as it had a big airplane order this week. My focus for the week however was to shadow the market and take small quick profits. I made less than $70.00 on this one and I found myself stuck in the position for almost two hours waiting for a pop. Talk about painful. Then I double dipped. I seem to have a high threshold for pain. I witnessed Boeing selling off a bit after I got out and I wanted to get back in the action. This was forty minutes after I got out. I was now hoping for an afternoon rally.
I bought back in at 12:10 p.m.. Look back up at the chart again to see where Boeing was at then. It was off in price. My timing to get back in was good.This time however I wanted more upside leverage so I moved the striking price up one series. This time I purchased the 217.50 Calls (vs.the 215 Calls) which was a higher risk but offered more of a return if the stock rebounded quickly. He is what I did.
I bought four contracts at $.96 each at 12:10 p.m.
I got out after waiting just over 1.5 hours to make $25.00 less commissions on each of four contracts. I got out at 1:42 p.m. at $121.00 a contract. That trade was a touch smoother. No one was giving out free money today. Boeing closed the day down $1.01.


Popular posts from this blog

I Wonder How The Back Office Is Going To Handle My Complaint

Disney Had A Good Week, Fisker Not So Much . Lion Electric and Taiga

Boeing Down $20.00 or 8.03% On A Monday Morning